Bluetooth headset, which one is best to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ulf1103, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Ulf1103 macrumors 6502

Hy,
    I'm searching for a Bluetooth headset (an over ear headset). It should be able to play my music from my iPhone and from my MBP. It should be able to take on a phone call (for my iPhone).

I've seen it somewhere that it's possible to connect your headset to your Mac, while gaming (to listen to the game) and when someone calls you on your iPhone, it stops playing the music (or the sound of the game) and ring your ringtone and let you pick up the call without leaving the game.

Does anyone know such a Bluetooth headset wich can connect to two devices at once?

Or can you recommend me an other good Bluetooth headset for music and calls?

2. mbmobile macrumors member

Most of the BT Stereo headsets supports double pairing.

The first that come to my mind are the Plantronic's, the Sennheiser's and the Jabra's (personally with Jabra I had nothing than bad experiences).

Prices starts from 99$ up to 400$.

My advice? Use a BT headset for phone and a proper headset for the gaming/listening music unless is for an "emergency".

Apart of the obvious reason related to the sound quality, These things runs on battery, and there is nothing worst that being juiceless when an important call kicks in.

Good luck.

MB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Ulf1103 thread starter macrumors 6502

A proper headset like?

4. mbmobile macrumors member

There are so many options out there, from 9 to some thousands bucks. It depends on which your budget is, and what you need to do with it.

The headset I use the most is a Sennheiser PXC450, I found it to be the best noise reduction for long flights, as a BT headset I'm testing the new Etymotic and waiting for the custom ear mold to be delivered. The Ety has a boom and active noise reduction on both the earpiece and the mic, it will be probably good for the long car drive.

On my pc, I have a cheap open Sony, paid about 40eur, and a portable stereo earpieces from Plantronics with a boom mic I use for conferencing.

In my bag I have an old Super.FI 5 and some Sony. The first paid, something like 4 years ago, about 300Eur and the sony's was about 99Eur. All of them come with a case.

At the end is really about your budget and your own needs.

MB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. mfr1340 macrumors regular

BT Headsets

Turtle Beach PX5, price $250.00. 7.1 suround sound, 2.4 gh and BT. You can get phone calls while playing COD, or listen to music while playing. Works on both PS3 and X Box360, and PC.:)