bluetooth headset with siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukeace2094, Oct 19, 2011.

1. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

i have a 30 pin connector in my glovebox of my car but i would really like to use siri while driving. does anyone know if all bluetooth headsets on the market (or at least most of them) will have a "home button" so that i can utilize siri or is there a certain feature i need to look for?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

The same bluetooth headset button you used to use to activate voice control should now activate Siri. I have an ancient Motorola H700 that works great with Siri. No "Home" button needed.

3. dukeace2094 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. i havent even used a bluetooth headset before so thanks for the info

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I was excited for this feature, but for the most part it does not work. At speeds above 45 mph the Bluetooth headset cannot understand exactly what I'm saying so Siri doesn't know exactly what I'm saying, it's more of a bust than anything. I will note that I do have a loud car, so those of you with quieter cars might have better luck

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

bmms8 makes a good point; usability in a moving car will depend on noise level and headset ability to block out wind/traffic noise. i.e. an open Jeep and a cheap headset might not be a great combination... :D