Bluetooth headset

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
STupid question I am sure. I want to buy a headset that will work with my cell phone, my computer and my phone.

The blue tooth will work with my cell..but does the mac air's have bluetooth?
I just got it two days ago!!!!

Or how can I tell if it has it.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes, they have bluetooth. You can find it in system preferences. (You'll find that by clicking on the Apple symbol in the very upper left-hand corner of your screen.)

I use an EtyBlu2 BT headset with all my devices. Works well.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Yes, they have bluetooth. You can find it in system preferences. (You'll find that by clicking on the Apple symbol in the very upper left-hand corner of your screen.)

I use an EtyBlu2 BT headset with all my devices. Works well.
thanks so much!!

wditters

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
STupid question I am sure. I want to buy a headset that will work with my cell phone, my computer and my phone.

The blue tooth will work with my cell..but does the mac air's have bluetooth?
I just got it two days ago!!!!

Or how can I tell if it has it.
It depends slightly on your primary use. If that is just voip and cell communications then a regular headset is fine.

If however music is your primary concern and communications use if of secondary importance, then you may want to consider something a little more up the quality scale. The 2012 MacBooks (all of them) support APT-X, a codec running on Bluetooth 4.0 that allows for near-audiophile music quality.

In that case, a set of headphones such as the Sennheiser MM 550-X might fit the bill. That is what I use, both for music and communication purposes. Until now I never regretted the investment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.