Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I want to get a bluetooth headset for my new iPhone 3G. Is it worth getting the iPhone bluetooth headset or are they going to be refreshing this product soon? How is the jawbone 2? What other headsets would you guys recommend? Thanks.

2. atluten macrumors 6502

I was also interested in the Apple BT and did some research on it. It turns out that has a pretty weak connection to the phone, so both the headset and phone need to be close together or you'll end up hearing lots of static in the headset. I ended up not getting it and resorting to using the normal earbuds for now. I don't know much about the Jawbone 2, so someone else can probably fill in the gaps there. Cheers.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I tried the Apple BT, but was disappointed by the performance. It had a 10' range v. Motorola's H12 which has 33' range. Apple BT had too much background noise and interference. It was nice for pairing and charging, but that's about it for me. I bought two Motorola H12's and I love 'em. :(

4. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Jawbone 2...

I had to return mine because I couldn't get it to properly sit on my jawbone, which led to lots of my voice breaking up on the other side of the phone call... when it was working well it was awesome! It is super light! I had to stick with my origin Jawbone bluetooth headset.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the help/tips so far. Anybody use any other headsets that they would recommend with the iPhone 3G?

7. johata3 macrumors regular

So far I've heard Jawbone bluetooth headsets are the best. I'm planning to buy my own pair soon. I just don't know if I should buy the 1st generation or 2nd generation. Anyone has any recommendation or opinions?

8. aphexii macrumors 6502

The first gen was poorly designed from an ergonomic standpoint. Uncomfortable ear loop, tiny button that was nearly impossible to press without grabbing the earpiece with your whole hand and depressing the button with your fingernail, and a springed hinge on the earloop attachment that would pull the earpiece out of your ear so although people could hear you great it was very hard to hear the person you called.

Stick with the Jawbone 2.

9. johata3 macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice! :) Can't wait to get my Jawbone 2!

10. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

Well; I have the Apple BT headset, and I love it. It is small, and I have only experienced good reception with it. OK, I usually have my iPhone in the belt, and use the headset for driving, and in the office.

My only gripe is battery life, but that just means I re-charge my iPhone and the headset every night.

KB

11. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

I guess it depends on the person? Some people it may fit and work fine but not everyone.

12. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

13. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I swear by the Plantronics 510. It's big, but it works flawlessly. It never has connection issues, the only time I get static is when I'm in a different room, and it's so comfortable I can wear it all day.

And it's half the price of the JB2 and others. It's now less than $50. (Of course, I paid over $100 last year :rolleyes: )

14. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I read several reviews on amazon between the JB2 and Plantronics 925. I ended up getting the Plantonics and couldn't be happier, it's very easy to put in, "no fumbling with a ear loop, comfortable, and sounds great on both ends. From what I've read JB2 noise cancellation is second to none.

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, I agree ^^^ Plantronics is pretty nice. I've got the Plantronics 925L as a back-up for my Motorola H12. The recharge feature by placing the headset into its leather pouch is really nice, no charging for two-three days at a time. Only real problem has been the transportability of the case and the headset itself, b/c they're both sort of bulky and the case is connected to a small lanyard seen on a thumb drive. Four STARS out of Five Stars...:cool:

16. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Motorola h12

I started with the Apple BT, was not a fan, gave it to my wife. i had the JB2 and had some issues with the fit and the overall sound quality. There was echo and crackling and I could not get the air piece to fit properly. I now have the motorola h12 and love it, no issue clear sound on both sides and great battery life. It took a lot for me to buy it considering some of the reviews, but the latest model build has corrected a lot of the issues.

17. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

i purchased the jb2. it didnt sit properly to me and never worked the way it was supposed to. it worked flawlessly with my girlfriend, but that wouldnt help my situation.

i then returned it and snagged the apple bt headset. i loved charging it and seeing the battery life on the phone itself. but the range was horrible and i always had a bad background noise.

so i brought that back and picked up the h12 pure, which worked okay...but not as well as it was advertised for. still some crackling noises. the noise cancellation feature mr. beckham uses on the motorola website is non existant, so i dont see the need to pay the bones for this particular piece.

im wondering if the bt module in the iphone just isnt that great..because these models all get great reviews outside the iphone community.

im still in search for a headset thats just right.

18. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I thought the Plantronics was great with my Treo, and had sold several friends on it based on how it worked with it, but it doesn't hold a candle to how well it works with the iPhone.

Really, try Plantronics. :)