Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sadievan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Does anyone know of a bluetooth headset that will allow me to make a call and listen to music. The one I currently have will not play music.

Thanks

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I use Sound ID 510. This headset is great. I use it to listen to my music during work. It also has an app that works with it.

kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I use the Jawbone Icon and you're able to listen to music, movies, etc through the headset. But you have to connect to their myTalk service on their website and download the option to it. It also has apps as well.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I use the Jawbone Icon and you're able to listen to music, movies, etc through the headset. But you have to connect to their myTalk service on their website and download the option to it. It also has apps as well.

This works great, assuming you're on iOS4. 3.1.3 was terrible on the Icon because A2DP has no volume controls and it was way too quiet. It's resolved now, though and it works great!

sadievan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Should have mentioned, I wear a hearing aid, so I cannot have one of the earbuds that goes in the ear. Needs to sit on top of the ear.

Thanks

brandonzar

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Are you looking for headphones or a headset? I've never seen a bluetooth over the ear headset.

If you are interested in headphones I have the Sony BT101s and the work great , I took the ear pads off of some other sony headphones and they made the headphones even more comfortable.

sadievan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Are you looking for headphones or a headset? I've never seen a bluetooth over the ear headset.

If you are interested in headphones I have the Sony BT101s and the work great , I took the ear pads off of some other sony headphones and they made the headphones even more comfortable.

A headset. right now I have a Motorola H700 that is over the ear. It only works on phone calls though. Can't hear my music/books with it.

Clint Glen

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
I think you can buy any headset for your phone. You may also be able to buy a wired one as long as you have an adapter. I would check with your phone company. They should be able to help you figure it all out. Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.