Bluetooth help please

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rsm5068, Aug 7, 2008.

1. rsm5068 macrumors regular

So I got a new Motorizr phone last week, and I wan to send it a file over bluetooth from my MacBook Pro. Problem is the phone wont connect with my MBP. Is this a common occurrence? Is there any way around this? I am trying to send it small ring tone file (the You Look Nice Today ring tone actually), would that be the issue? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

Have you paired the phone and your computer.
    • put the phone in discovery mode
    • on the mac - bluetooth - add device
    • follow the prompts
    • you'll have to enter a several digit number on the phone (it will be shown on the mac)

once you do that, you should be able to browse device, although as alphaod said, it depends on your provider if you can actually do that sometimes they disable features, so you have to buy stuff from them.

4. rsm5068 thread starter macrumors regular

I am on verizon (which may be the issue... bastards that they are). And I properly paired the phone. I have attached a pic of what my MBP says happened, and my phone says: Bluetooth ... error I can't read it all because it flashes by so fast. Then the phone disconnects from my MBP. Let me know of any other information I can provide to help.

Attached Files:

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Verizon forces you to buy ringtones from their Vstore or whatever it's called. My friend had a Lg chocolate (pink, friends a girl) and she had a computer with bluetooth capability but couldn't put mp3s on it, she also tried adding a microSD which didnt work either. Took it to Verizon, they told her she has to buy the content.

6. rsm5068 thread starter macrumors regular

I hate Verizon, or is it Verizon that hates its customers? Thanks for the help guys, that is really depressing but nice to know.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, that does suck.. Sorry :( Switch to T-Mobile! their service policies is like Linux, its so open.. and very cheap too lol :D

8. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Yes, Verizon deliberately prevents you from transferring any data other than contacts and calendars with your computer (use iSync).

However, all is not lost. If you have a USB cable (the small kind you use with digital cameras) you connect your phone with that and use a program called BitPim to transfer stuff to your phone. It still isn't as easy and there are some catches and dangers to using it but it does work. Just be careful as it is it lets you modify anything so you can break your phone with it.

9. rsm5068 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I have BitPim, I was just hoping there was another, less risky, option.

I know T-Mobile rules, but as long as my dad's business is paying for my cell phone I think I'll just suck it up.