Bluetooth Icon Changed After Adding Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ::Lisa::, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Hi all, I searched this but could only find 'Disappearing Bluetooth Icons". Anyway, I bought a Wireless Apple Keyboard today. I already had my mobile phone paired with my MacBook Pro and the icon didn't change but as soon as I added my Bluetooth Keyboard the icon had changed.

The keyboard is switched off now and yet the icon is still the same. Is there a way to get it back to what it was before (without the dots) or is it supposed to look like this after you pair 2 or more items?

Have attached a screen cap.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Attached Files:

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Mine's the same with the old wireless keyboard and I'm sure it used to be the same when I connected with my phone.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's supposed to look like that whenever a paired device is communicating with your computer.

About Bluetooth icons

4. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Thanks to the both of you and the article. When my phone paired it didn't change icon so I thought something was wrong when it did for the keyboard.

Both my phone and the keyboard are currently off right now and aren't paired and the icon is still the same, shouldn't it go back to how it was before? :confused: Unless of course it always acts that way after paired items go offline (so to speak).

[EDIT] Nevermind.