Bluetooth in-ear headphones

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mdv2, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Mdv2 macrumors regular

My current headphones are about to die and I urgently need advice on some new Bluetooth in-ear headphones.

I've tried the beatsX but wasn't very impressed with the sound quality. I also tried the Jaybird X3 but I really dislike the wing tips. The Apple earpods I haven't tested yet, but I have been told the sound quality is nothing special either.

Is there a new set of earphone being released anytime soon worth waiting for or do you guys have alternative recommendations?

Thanks!

2. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

I backed the Zolo buds on Kickstarter, anxiously awaiting my delivery in October. Unfortunately for you, they are not accepting any orders at the moment. The project was backed by Anker if that gives it any credibility.

Overall, I've been happy with a pair of Motorola headphones I've been using but the connection stability seems to have weakened as the headset ages, though I guess it could also be my phone.

Are you looking for any kind of waterproof/water resistant capability? That could reduce your options considerably.

3. Mdv2 thread starter macrumors regular

Quick update - got the Skullcandy Method and I really like them! Perfect for the gym, sweat resistant and the fit is perfect. I like the sound quality a lot better than Beatsx. At $50 this is a great deal vs $100 or $130 for the Beatsx or X3.

Only disadvantage is that you can't skip very fast to the previous or next song.