Bluetooth in-ear headphones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cjenkins505, Jun 12, 2009.

1. cjenkins505 macrumors member

With the new update coming to the iPod touch and iPhone it will be adding the ablility to use Bluetooth headphones. I was wandering if anyone knows of a good in ear Bluetooth headset.

2. hornshwangler macrumors newbie

I've used the new Jawbone bluetooth for a while but i prefer the in ear v-moda vibe II for about $120. the jawbone is uncomfortable for me and, without the ear loop, tends to fall out of my ear, regardless of the ear plug adaptors used. I've owned and used a number of the bluetooth headsets in the past and, for me, until they develop an in the ear bud with a good mic with batteries that last for at least as long as the phone, I think I'll pass. The 'wired' v-moda vibe IIs are great and the sound is superior and I don't have to worry about battery failure mid conversation.

just my .02

good luck
    Dan

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would not ever recommend the V-Moda's, except over Bluetooth headphones. For the most part they aren't very quality and all are extremely overpriced. Why is having wires such a bad thing?

4. hornshwangler macrumors newbie

You must not have any experience with the v-moda vibe IIs, they are exceptional and have a broader frequency response than any other 'wired' headphone in the apple store. Have you personally tried or used the vibe IIs? IMO, they are a great value at $120 when compared to high end blue tooth or other wired headsets. I own this headset and couldn't be happier.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes...I've tried them... Does your Apple Store not carry SE430s? I mean they might be the best at the $120 price point in the Apple Store (Not the greatest place to buy headphones) But, compared to plenty of other headphones at even the $100 price point, there is a lot to be desired. With that being said, they did make a slight improvement from the original model, but improving awful to poor ≠ good.

They are a great value compared to Bluetooth headphones, but that's because you have to pay the ridiculous premium for Bluetooth.

6. hornshwangler macrumors newbie

Yes, they did have them at my apple store but I was more interested in headphones with a mic and remote control. The vibe IIs were hands down the best at that price point.