bluetooth iPad controller

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RadicalxEdward, Mar 21, 2011.

1. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Don't really like the idea of touch screen controls for games. Never really worked great for me on the iphone, and don't expect it to be too much different on the iPad. Does anyone know of something closer to the xbox 360 controller or something like that, that can work with the iPad over bluetooth, or would the games have to be specifically designed for use with a controller?

2. aleni macrumors 68020

if some company making a bluetooth gamepad for iPad, the developers must support it in order for the gamepad to work.

i think if some random company making it, not all developers will rush and support it, unless Apple makes one, it's probably no hope..

apple please make a bluetooth gamepad pleaseeee!!!!

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

IMHO I think the iPod touch / iPhone makes a terrific controller for the iPad, I wish more games would support this combo.

I also see where the iPad would make an amazing controller for the ATV2 if it ever gets apps. :D

4. RadicalxEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

I think I could go for this. It'd be stupid for someone to buy an iTouch JUST for this, but I think it's safe to say a good majority of iPad owners also have an iphone or itouch. The virtual buttons wouldn't be so bad if it was on a separate screen like that.

I definitely don't see apple coming out with a game pad as I'm sure they want to push the touch screen as much as possible.

5. aleni macrumors 68020

i think it would be harder to use since u have to guess where the buttons are located since your eyes are on the ipad screen.

6. RadicalxEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Do you guess with a console controller? you remember.

7. aleni macrumors 68020

yes, but it has a tactile feedback. I tried using joypad app on my iPhone to play some emulator games on my Mac and it's horrible.

8. RadicalxEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Is that a cydia app or app store app?

9. aleni macrumors 68020

10. RadicalxEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Just did. looks pretty cool http://getjoypad.com/

Is it really that bad? Would love something like this that worked with the ipad.