Bluetooth IPhone earphones with a built in mic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Orlando3522, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Orlando3522 macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm new to your site and so far Im loving what I see.
    Now here's what I'm lookin for. I need an iPhone earphone similar to the one that cones with the iPhone. Not the in the ear canal one.
    Also if it's possible, is there a Bluetooth earphone set with a built in mic that you can reccomend?

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

The Jaybird SB1B, I'm liking it it.

3. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

Plantronics BackBeat 903 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones --- these have been great for me!

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Im currently review the Motorola S9-HD bluetooth stereo headset and they sound amazing, just like a good $150 pair of in ears..

You should check them out! Super comfortable too.

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Haven't tried these but I'm using a set of Jaybird JB200 Freedom and love 'em. They rest just in the ear--not a tight fit like earphones but more resting in the opening to the ear canal. I prefer the fit of traditional earphones so I put on a pair of acoustibuds for a tighter fit--works well when running/cycling.

Jaybird has a newer model (BB4B BlueBuds) that also look promising if you prefer a smaller unit.

I have used the Motorola S9 in the past and really liked them but primarily used them to work out and they were very susceptible to water/sweat damage so I was afraid to give the HDs a try--otherwise great set.

And just a heads up incase you haven't used stereo bluetooth headphones with the iPhone before--you will not be able to use the built in track controls as the bluetooth profile on the iPhone doesn't support it. Just volume and play/pause, I believe.

6. Vebe macrumors newbie

Charge/Sync port extender? my first post--:)

Hi!! hopefully I'll get some ideas from there...
    Here's the deal..I own a otterbox defender.....LOVE IT. I've got butter fingers and since owning my Iphone (3GS) I've drop it and this case has saved me.
    Problem is the sync/charge port opening is a bit small which rules out a lot of docking gadgets and sync cables I can connect with the case in place.
    I don't want to use a dremmel to widen the opening.
    Does anyone know if there are charge port extenders with the male side being on the small size to Female ?
    Any suggestions would be very, very appreciated...:)

Iphone-probie. :)