Bluetooth issue - my car or my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lem3u, Oct 8, 2008.

1. lem3u macrumors newbie

I have an issue with my bluetooth and I'm trying to determine if it's my iphone or my car. I have an iphone 3G and a 2008 Nissan Sentra with built in bluetooth handsfree. When I receive calls, I can answer but I do not hear the person and they do not hear me, and my car bluetooth freezes. I can hang up on the phone, but not with the bluetooth button on the steering wheel(everything is frozen).

This only started after the 2.1 upgrade. Is anyone having a similar problem with their iphone and car? I can make calls using my car bluetooth without any issues, only the receiving part is the problem. So, not sure if it's the phone or my car.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone has.

2. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Since your saying that your car bluetooth freezes, it makes me think that its your car. You should try simply calling a service advisor from the dealership you bought your car at and tell him whats going on. More than likely he will have you bring it in and test it with a phone they have there or something like that, then you'll know...Also, maybe try looking in the owners manual of you car, maybe they have some troubleshooting things to try. Hope this helps.

3. lem3u thread starter macrumors newbie

It sounds like an issue with my car to me as well. However, I have had the car for six months and the iphone 3g since the first day it came out and it has worked flawlessly until recently(after the 2.1 upgrade). I will be taking my car in next week to the dealer, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having a similiar problem which would point to the phone being the issue.

I also remember reading on one of the forums that someone was having trouble since 2.1 with their bluetooth headset freezing.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I have some minor issue with my Audi A4 system, and I read about some other issues with BMW bluetooth system. So I think iPhone's bluetooth does have some issues with compatibility.

5. Vidiot62 macrumors newbie

Same exact problem here on a 2007 Infiniti G35. Infiniti and Nissan are one in the same so both cars probably use the same bluetooth system.

I suspect it is a problem with the 2.1 firmware since, like you, I had no problems before the update but the system freezes up on incoming calls every time now.

Please let me know what the dealership says. I'd like to get this fixed as well...

6. terroreek macrumors newbie

I have the same problem on my 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE, the phone freezes the Factory Bose system every now and then. Restarting the car is the only way to fix it, and the iphone no longer becomes discoverable, I have to restart the iphone to back normal functionality. I would suspect that the bluetooth stack crashes.

7. epulido macrumors newbie

iphone bluetooth not working with Audi 4 2009

The connection of my iphone 3GS with my audi 4 2009 does not work properly, it disconnects and connects from time to time, any suggestion

Audi
    HW : H02
    SW : 0231

iPhone 3GS

Version 3.1.3
    Model MC133E