Bluetooth Issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SirFoxx, Feb 24, 2014.

1. SirFoxx macrumors regular

SirFoxx

I just got an audio receiver for my birthday to use with my stereo. It of course uses bluetooth, and I tested it with my phone to make sure it works, which it does. It's called an "ILive". Cheap, but gets the job done. However, when I paired it to my macbook, it keeps connecting and disconnecting with it. When it connects, it shows the bluetooth symbol at the top grayed out with 3 dots in the middle, like its transferring something? And when it disconnects it goes black to the bolded symbol. I have an A1181 with a 2ghz dual core, 4gb ram running 10.6.8. Any Ideas?

2. SirFoxx, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014

SirFoxx thread starter macrumors regular

SirFoxx

Update time -- I tried pairing the bluetooth reciever with my mac again and same results :/ However while messing around in the bluetooth menu's, it gray screen'd on me. Weird? It gets better. I restarted my mac, and I went to turn off the bluetooth again, and 2 seconds after I clicked turn off, it gray screen'd again! :mad: So I got my spare parts macbook (same exact model except running 10.5.8) and tried it on that. It was a little buggy at first, but it worked just fine once I switched the audio output.

edit--I did a verify disk and it needs to be repaired! I guess I will report back when I have repaired it. Also, is there any utility to see how many hours on my hdd?

edit 2: Repaired my hdd and walla! It works now! Sweet!