Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
so i just got the new Moto E815 and it has bluetooth which works with isync... my question.
a) how do i set it up
b) i have contacts in my phone, but not in address book, if i sync it will it change the phone or address book. ( i want to add the numbers in my phone to address book)
thanks

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
not a single person can help me out here....
i tried connecting it, but it failed, i think i'm doing something wrong....

dxm113

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2005
Excuse my igonorance on your situation, but . . .

- Do you have a Bluetooth capable computer?
If not you need to get a bluetooth dongle or the data cable skn6311 (I have heard others have had trouble syncing with the Data cable however)

- What version of iSync do you have, update to 2.1

For BT:
- make sure BT is turned on in your phone (menu - settings - connections - bluetooth - setup - find me)

- Open System prefs on your Mac, open the BT preference

- You must "pair" the phone and the Mac, it should be pretty self explanatory (if you have problems with this do a search on Bluetooth pairing or write back in this thread)

- If your phone was already "paired" try deleting it and "re-pairing"

- After the phone is done, open iSync - add device (try selecitng "find me" w/ the e815 again)

- Sync

A Few Tips:
BT can be a little finicky, try power cycling (turn off and on) the phone
Check out this forum: Howard Forums

I have been able to successfully sync "out-of-the-box" with my e815.

I have also enable OBEX file transer with a seem edit, check out the Motorola section of the Howard Forums for more info

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.