Bluetooth & isync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bulldog VII, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi

I'm having trouble using isync on my macbook with my iphone, I can't seem to get the two to connect via bluetooth.

The macbook recognises the iphone fine, I type in the random numbers & then nothing

I wondered if anyone else had a problem or any ideas??

2. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

This post is now shown as moved, but where too??

3. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

To Iphone tips, help and troubleshooting. it shows the "tree" if u wanna call it that on top of the thread name
    Mac Forums > iPhone and iPod Touch Forums > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting > Bluetooth & isy

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Bluetooth on the iPhone can only be used for a headset at this time. You cannot sync anything through iSync. It stinks.

5. Frust8byApple macrumors newbie

Everything just costs more money

I read, that if you sign up for a .mac account (and pay money for a worthless service), THEN, you can use your Industry Standard Open Interface to sync data from your Mac to the iPhone. What a great deal to be able to pay every day for the rest of your life to use an open standard interface.

Interesting new business model Apple has - let others spend money to develop technology, spend more money to have the technology adopted by the market, then clamp it down for their greedy profits. If .mac could stand on its own, they wouldn't have to resort to this - but I'm sure they'll find a way to stoop lower. By the way, anyone seen my wallet ? I think I just got pick-pocketed.

I wonder if the Apple cafeteria makes you pay extra to use silverware. The new fees probably go into effect with the new policy making it a fire-able offense to eat with your hands.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

your post makes no sense: you don't need a .mac account to sync your iPhone

7. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

yep

another example of the iPhone being rushed

MMS, Multiple recipients on sms etc... the list goes on...

or maybe Apple planned to add features later to foil hackers/unlockers....

Apple's innovation.. extort money from wireless carriers (raising end users prices ) rather than innovating, selling unlocked phones and charging wireless carriers fees for visual voicemail.