Bluetooth keeps disconnecting....

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by adamvk, Dec 15, 2013.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I'm having this issue recently, basically my blueooth devices will shut off for a few seconds then turn back on. Both my Jambox and Apple BT keyboard are doing this. Resetting does nothing, and I haven't installed any programs recently. Any idea? Thanks!

2. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

Perhaps check the system logs, see if there's any mention of Bluetooth errors? Use the Console app for that, easiest to start it via Spotlight.

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

I did that, nothing regarding Bluetooth appeared.

4. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Have you got another device around that your keybd etc. has ever been connected to?
    I had a keyboard that was paired to a machine upstairs. Long ago I had also paired it to one downstairs. Sometimes the device would still try to pair downstairs, on good heaviside layer days?, and this would cause glitches upstairs as you describe. One day the connection was good enough that it succeeded in pairing to the distant downstairs Mac. That killed functionality upstairs completely, but brought up a helpful dialog downstairs alerting me to what the trouble was. I unpaired from downstairs and told it to forget the device, also turned off bluetooth down there as I don't need it.
    The keyboard is now much more reliably connected.

5. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Are you using any USB 3.0 devices, I ask because of the documented problems that can occur such as on this link.

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ah yes, it does connect to both my iPad/iPhone occasionally. Good idea. I'll do this. Thanks!

Nope! All of my gadgets are connected via Bluetooth except my old Logitech mouse which uses a wireless USB 2.0 receiver.

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Anyone? The problem went away for awhile and just recently came back.