Bluetooth keyboard and wake up function?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Doc750, May 11, 2011.

1. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

Everything was working fine and then all of a sudden last week my BT trackpad and keyboard would no longer wake up the MBP when the screen was closed and it was connected to the ACD.

I checked the BT set up menu and it won't let me check the box that allows you to wake up the mac. Anyone advice on how to fix this?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks in advance

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and restart your computer.

3. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the help. I followed your advice, and deleted the file, and restarted the computer. Then when I reconected the bluetooth the devices, and check the library the file had been recreated, and I still was not able to check the box that allows bluetooth devices to wake the computer. :confused:

4. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok I checked to see if there were any BT updates available for my computer, and there were none.

I then deleted both the trackpad and the keyboard from the paired device list, and then went back and deleted the plist file again, and restarted the computer.

re-paired the two devices and it still won't let me check the option to allow BT devices to wake the mac.

5. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got it to work, in case anyone googles and finds this thread in the future.

ok so I turned off the computer, waited 10 seconds, then held down (left) shift + Option + Command, and also restarted the computer all at the same time.

When the computer came back on, it allowed me to check the box. So for now it's working.

And it couldn't have happened soon enough, I was getting tired of working on that tiny 17" screen. :p