Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I have just got a new Apple Bluetooth keyboard and I love it, fantastic machine.

BUT...

When I log in it takes a minute or two for me to be able to use the keyboard. That means I cant enter my password. So my mac has to sit there while I just look at it blankly!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
try pressing a key(s) to make the connection faster, or you can try turn on the keyboard first then your computer...that might help...

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
I use the Apple BT keyboard as well... I have the exact same problem. I have spoken to other people with the same issue. It happens with both my PB and my PM in my sig.

On a startup, it appears that the BT keyboard takes a little while to connect. I haven't been able to figure out why. I usually just give a 10 second pause before I try to type. 9 / 10 times the keyboard is ready to go.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I never have that problem because I never actually turn off the computer. I just log out of my account when I'm done so the BT is always connected.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
killuminati said:
I never have that problem because I never actually turn off the computer. I just log out of my account when I'm done so the BT is always connected.

You try sleeping in the same room as a G4 PowerStation!!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Richard Youden said:
You try sleeping in the same room as a G4 PowerStation!!

Are you offering me a free PowerMac?
I'll try sleeping in the same room as one... If I get to keep it. :) :) :p

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
Are you offering me a free PowerMac?
I'll try sleeping in the same room as one... If I get to keep it. :) :) :p

I think he meant you have to sleep in the same bed as it. And man, how many free computers do you think you're going to get? :D

sejanus

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
on my powerbook, if I enable the option "allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" I have found that the keyboard is always "on" and I never have to wait for the bluetooth pairing before I can type.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.