Bluetooth keyboard connected/connection lost overlay

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vader, May 17, 2012.

1. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Is there anyway to turn this "notification" off? I am using my mac mini as a htpc, and my bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combo goes to sleep after only 5 minutes, so if I pause the movie a a few times, I see this thing come up a lot. I want to disable the notification only, I don't care if it delays while it connects, I just don't like having to see it over my movie!

2. Vader thread starter macrumors 65816

Vader

Maybe people don't understand what I am talking about. Its the popup that has a outline of the side view of a keyboard and it says "Connected" underneath. Its just like the volume up/down thing except transparent and has a white outline.

3. Vader thread starter macrumors 65816

Vader

I ended up just removing them altogether. Littleodie914 sent me this link last year, and I finally got around to doing what it suggests, remove /System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin.

That disables all other similar bezels as well, but that doesn't bother me since the system in question is connected via HDMI, so the volume can't be changed on the computer anyway, no other bezels I can think of that I would need to see.

I did this in Mountain Lion.