Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foothead

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
in a house
Is there any way to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with the iPhone? I've seen it done in a tech demo video, but I cannot find anything that was released.

Thanks in advance.

jlamb0

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
I'm also waiting to see if there is a hack to get bluetooth keyboard support active on the iPhone 3G, as it is currently disabled.

For the original iPhone, check out the jailbreak app BTstack Keyboard. It installs an alternate bluetooth stack that can pair the keyboard. You have to disable the built-in bluetooth feature in order to use it, though.

foothead

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
in a house
I'm also waiting to see if there is a hack to get bluetooth keyboard support active on the iPhone 3G, as it is currently disabled.

For the original iPhone, check out the jailbreak app BTstack Keyboard. It installs an alternate bluetooth stack that can pair the keyboard. You have to disable the built-in bluetooth feature in order to use it, though.

Thanks!

I am gonna buy a mini Bluetooth keyboard and build a new case so it can slide out. Hopefully I can find one in Dvorak, but I guess qwerty will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.