Bluetooth keyboard going whacky!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MnMacer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. MnMacer macrumors newbie

We have a G5 iMac w/out the camera with bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Lately, if we put the computer to sleep, it loses contact with the keyboard and we have to jump through shutdown-restart hoops to reconnect. It isn't the batteries - they were the first suspect.
    Can anyone provide some advice? Many thanks!!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What makes you say it isn't the batteries? Have you tried a different brand? The mouse is reconnecting fine, right? Have you tried removing the keyboard from your Bluetooth devices and then re-adding it? :)

3. MnMacer thread starter macrumors newbie

Duracells of Evereadys....makes no difference. I'll try the remove and re-add thing.
    The BT mouse got bounced off the floor quite some time ago. We've been using the one from our original Bondi Blue!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, so is this the only Bluetooth device? Sorry for all the questions but hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon. :)

5. MnMacer thread starter macrumors newbie

I deleted the keyboard from Bluetooth and repaired with the computer. That process went smooth. Then I put the computer to sleep for a while, where the problem seemed to start. But the computer woke up at the tap of a key! No 'connection lost' message, no hoop jumping.
    Thanks for the advice, mad jew! And such a simple solution. I really need to learn more about my machine!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

7. seahawk09 macrumors regular