Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ishopukisfake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
I had the problem of continual disruption of my wifi connection. I eventually tracked down the source of this problem to interference with the wifi signal from the bluetooth wireless keyboard.

When I turned bluetooth off, the wifi is solid and no disconnection, as soon as I turn it on again and use the wireless peripherals it starts to cut off the wifi at various times. To begin with it became so bad it was cutting the wifi every 5 seconds.

I thought I had solved the problem by accessing the wireless router and changing the signal number, you know 1 through 13 or so.

It seemed to work better for a while, but then again it started acting up.

This seems like a rather basic error from apple, they should have made the bluetooth frequencies out of range of the wifi signals.

So I have ended up ditching the apple keyboard and mouse which cost about £100 and am using an old wireless logitech mouse (which is better anyway) and keyboard which has absolutely zero interference with the wifi.

If anyone has had this problem and has figured out another solution or if there is another way to resolve this I would be interested in your info.

Also maybe posting this will make apple more aware of this error and hopefully correct it in a firmware update or something.

Jeffrosproto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Sounds like either a frequency or channel problem, or maybe a problem with your mac (aren't the chips for wifi and bluetooth combined, or is that only on the iphone?).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.