Bluetooth Keyboard Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by .michael, Jul 4, 2009.

1. .michael macrumors regular

After installing Windows 7 on my mac, and installing the Apple drivers, I made an attempt to pair my Apple Wireless Keyboard with Windows. Well, Windows recognizes the device, but whenever I attempt to connect the two I get an error. The error states:

Adding the device failed resulting in a unknown error. The reported error code is: 0x80004005.

It then tells me to contact the device manufacturer.

Did anyone else get this error? Any help would be welcomed.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

No, I'm typing on my wireless apple keyboard right now on BC.

You should just keep on trying and it will eventually pair up.

3. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

I have this error too, I dont get why it is so hard to connect a stupid keyboard...

Anyways it seems to me like a need superman typing skills because the number code to pair it shows up and 5ms later after I could only just type 1 number it shows this error..

Has anyone found a solution yet?

4. farwest1 macrumors newbie

I thought I'd give Windows 7 a try, hoping that Microsoft had fixed all the bugs with their previous OS's. Unfortunately, my experience trying to get the keyboard to work has only told me that Windows 7 is just as temperamental as their previous OS's, though maybe a little prettier.

Here's the solution that worked for me:

1. First, in the device manager, click on Apple Built-In Bluetooth under "Bluetooth Radios" Under "Power Management" make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT SELECTED.

2. Then, go to Bluetooth Devices in the Taskbar. Select Add Devices.

3. While this is searching for a device, press and hold the power button on your Apple Wireless Keyboard. Hold it for a few seconds -- you want it to start blinking. Keep trying if this doesn't happen. (You may actually have to do this before you select Add Devices.)

4. When your wireless keyboard icon appears as a device, right-click it. A menu comes up, click "Properties."

5. Under Services, you want "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)" to be SELECTED. Apply changes, but leave this window open. If you close it, it seems to revert back to not selected.

6. Then, double-click the wireless keyboard icon. It should find the keyboard and ask you to enter your code to lock keyboard to computer.

This took a few tries but finally worked. Good luck.

5. kungming2 macrumors regular

Hey, thanks, farwest1. I was looking up info on this exact same problem and your method did it for me. :D Thanks a lot!

6. SpamBoxie macrumors newbie

Bluetooth Keyboard Issue

Farwes1,
    thanks for your posting.

Point 4 works for me wel :p
    All the time, I wait to long after the icon appears as a device and the menu with "Properties" didn't pop-up.
    But when i right-click at the same time the icon pops-up, i get the menu for the "Properties." :D

I type now "wireless". :rolleyes:

THNKS a lot.

7. kdallas macrumors newbie

my problem is in the end when I right click on my device, it doesn't have any services that I can apply, any ideas?

8. ellislo macrumors newbie

kdallas, i have the same problem as you, but i managed to get my apple keyboard (white) to paired with my comp (Dell Vostro running Win7 64bit) by doing the following:

1. when you click the keyboard for pairing, choose option 2 where you need to enter your own pairing code.

2. instead of entering pairing code from computer 1st, i enter the code using the apple keyboard 1st then press return, then enter the same code using ur computer keyboard then press return and follow by entering the same code with your apple keyboard again and press return.

3. but you must make sure that you have already installed the keyboard driver from Boot Camp Driver 3.0

hope it works for you.

9. jbro macrumors newbie

Thanks Farwest! That worked for me. Now if I can only get it to recognize my BT mouse.... I hate windows....

10. m.quaba macrumors newbie