Bluetooth keyboard makes this a true hand held computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThePredictor, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ThePredictor macrumors newbie

I'm interested to know what you all think about this:

Combine an iPhone-optimized office app (e.g., Google Documents) with a blue tooth fold-away keyboard, and you have the smallest portable word processor on the market.

In addition, adding the bluetooth keyboard will allow those can't get comfortable with the touchscreen another way to type. There could even be miniaturized bluetooth keyboards for texting or whatever.:apple:

2. ThePredictor thread starter macrumors newbie

Even more is possible

It occurred to me after posting the original that there'd be no limits to what one could do.

If Google optimized all of their various things one could do all the following from the iPhone:

-Create and edit webpages
    -Manage/Print digital photo collection
    -Blog
    -Access one's bookmarks
    -Access all personal content from iGoogle

(No, I don't work for Google. Yes, I do appreciate their apps.):apple:

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

And who says that there won't be a version of iWork that works on the iPhone? It is a little computer. Having a BT keyboard will just free up the display to show your work. They must have such a device in mind, and a suite of apps.

4. Jayrod macrumors regular

A blue tooth keyboard would be a lifesaver for college students as well. Then I won't have to lug my Macbook all over campus - I just throw a fold-away keyboard in my pocket and I'm good to take notes, etc. during class. Not to mention, I would be able to make great use of the campus-wide wi-fi to surf the web in between classes.

5. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

if bt keyboards work well this really would be cool. pretty exciting little prospect we got here.

6. Atken macrumors member

7. hcopp macrumors regular

throw a file browser on here and you have one powerful little device

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

You mean, like all the other PDAs with fold-away separate keyboards that have been around for at least a decade?

:)