bluetooth keyboard + mouse combo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vishavg, Nov 22, 2016.

1. vishavg macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I'm gathering stuff for my desktop setup with the nTB macbook in clamshell mode. I wanted suggestions on the best bang for your buck keyboard and mouse combos. I am mainly using this for document typing and websurfing. No heavy gaming or video editing. So it doesn't have to be state of the art technology.

I was thinking of picking up a refurb apple keyboard/mouse, but though I'd ask the community.

Thanks

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

If you get a refurb make sure it's the newer keyboard with the built in battery. I have the older one and the battery seems to die really quickly, like days. Also I'm not a huge fan of the Magic Mouse, it's very expensive and doesn't really offer much, don't know if the newer one lacks right click still too, but that's annoying for my use (Maybe not for yours).

Have you considered the trackpad instead of a mouse? I'd go for that if you can afford it, or just get a regular mouse. If you can with wireless mice, check them out in a store as some of them are really light and not fun to use.

3. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

I definitely don't like the Magic Mouse either, or the Magic keyboard. I use the wired keyboard (keys are completely different) because I like the feel and it has a 10 key, and for a mouse I use the Logitech MX Master. Really happy with everything except Logitech's stupid set point software.. but that is Logitech for you.

4. vishavg thread starter macrumors member

looks like the magic mouse is out.

what keyboard is this?
    I want the feel of an actual mouse, so no go for the trackpad.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 22, 2016 ---
    Just checked this out. It looks like a sports car masked as a mouse lol. Its out of my price range sadly. I'm looking at spending 100$ for both mouse and keyboard

5. EgGKeith macrumors member

Absolutely, the Magic Mouse is too thin for holding.
    Logitech provide a nicer holding shape.
    I am thinking to get a Logitech MX2 everywhere

6. Hyloba macrumors 6502

I don't think there is a mac bluetooth keyboard for under 100$. Cheapest I saw was the Kanex keyboard, for 100$. Followed by the Apple magic keyboard.

I'm in this situation as well, I need a new keyboard and prefer it to have a number pad, also prefer bluetooth. Not much choice for macs comparing to windows.

7. azntaiji macrumors member

I bought the Logitech M535 and it is great for the price.. doesn't require a USB bluetooth dongle

8. vishavg thread starter macrumors member

thats on top of the list for me right now. any idea for a similar keyboard?

9. Hyloba macrumors 6502

Are all bluetooth mice that expensive? It looks like a 10$ mouse.

10. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

The Apple Wired Keyboard. Should have been more clear. :)

11. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

My favorite external keyboard is the Logitech Solar keyboard for mac. Yes, you will have to use their USB receiver but I love the feel and never have to plug it into power or swap batteries. In my case, I don't mind the dongle since I'm using the OWC usbc dock.

12. azntaiji macrumors member

the Logitech Solar keyboard that pshifrin recommended is great

13. vishavg thread starter macrumors member

14. Hyloba macrumors 6502

15. vishavg thread starter macrumors member

oh I didn't realize it was azerty. Where does it say that?

16. Hyloba macrumors 6502

I thought French layout was always azerty, but I can be wrong though. I don't know what French speaking canadians use as a keyboard.

17. vishavg thread starter macrumors member

looked into this. I think you're right, good catch. thanks.