Bluetooth keyboard quits working after update

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by redshft, Aug 19, 2009.

1. redshft macrumors member

I did the OS X 10.5.8 update recently and now I can not get my Rocketfish bluetooth keyboard to work. I hit the connect button on the keyboard and select connect in the bluetooth menu on my desktop; the icon shows that it is connected, it even says it is, but no response. I've tried restarting, turning the keyboard off and on...nothing.

Any ideas? Fault of the update? Fault of Rocketfish and it just ironically quit working after the update?

The model I have is this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8910574&type=product&id=1218006410555

2. celticpride678

Have you tried to re-add the keyboard using the Bluetooth Setup Assistant.

3. redshft thread starter macrumors member

4. redshft thread starter macrumors member

OK, it seems I am having to setup the keyboard daily in the bluetooth setup. This is starting to get very annoying. Suggestions?

5. N1TR0 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same type of issue. I have a Rocketfish bluetooth keyboard that I had prior to my purchase of a Mac Mini back in March. It worked just fine on my mac from March until last Friday when I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Prior to the upgrade, I would start my mac, turn on my bluetooth mouse which auto-connects to the mac (it's not an apple mouse, actually has no brand name at all, got it off ebay), anyway, I would typically use the mouse to go to the bluetooth menu, scroll down to "Rocketfish Bluetooth Keyboard" and a sub-menu would open with a "Connect" option. I'd turn my keyboard on, press the connect button on the underside of the keyboard and then click the connect menu option on the mac and the keyboard would connect just fine. Only had to go through the pairing process the fist time I used the keyboard & just had to click "connect" from that point onward.

Since the upgrade, the connect option no longer appears in the sub-menu for "Rocketfish Bluetooth Keyboard", only shows an option for going to keyboard preferences. If I go through the pairing process again, the keyboard pairs and works fine. A "Disconnect" option appears in the sub menu, and if I disconnect the keyboard, the menu just goes back to showing the keyboard preferences option and no connect option.

This is really getting annoying. Most places that I post at say that I should call Rocketfish, which I did, and was told that if the keyboard doesn't work after an Apple update, something's changed on the OS & I need to follow up with Apple. Other people say that I just need to buy an Apple keyboard. :)

I've tried removing & re-adding the Rocketfish keyboard in the Bluetooth control panel under system preferences, no difference. I have to go through the entire keyboard paring process (discover the keyboard & enter the passkey the mac generates) every time I want to connect the keyboard upon boot-up or after the keyboard went to sleep.

Any ideas?

Sorry for practically typing a novel here, just wanted to illustrate everything that I was seeing.