bluetooth keyboard suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajumbaje, Jan 14, 2010.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Ive been looking at some bluetooth keyboards recently and thought I would see if any of you on here have suggestions on certain keyboards based on personal experience. Right now, I have the wired apple keyboard with the number pad(the recent one, got it in march 08).

Ive seen that the logitech dinovo and dinovo edge are good choices. Only problem with these is the dinovo has the number pad, its not bluetooth wireless(usb dongle). The dinovo edge is vice versa(no num pad, has bluetooth).

Then, I realized about the apple bluetooth keyboard from 2003 that also has the number pad. I know it might be a hard thing to come across brand new, but is that keyboard a good route to take, or are there any that I haven't mentioned that any of you would rather suggest?

Side note: I just like having the number pad there while typing in number info, and will probably become useful when I start dealing with more taxes.

Also, while we're at it, any good brands of whatever the things are called that are squishy and you have your wrists on them while typing?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The apple BT KB is nice. I have the num-pad-free version and I like the size. I'm not coordinated enough to pull off working on a num pad :p). The feel is nice and light and it doesn't have the clunkiness of a 90's vintage keyboard that some of them do.

It will be hard to find num-pad one new, but a careful cleaning with rubbing alcohol will render a used one cootie-free.