Bluetooth Keyboard with a Numpad and USB Slot(s)??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Saunderzs, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Saunderzs macrumors newbie

I want to buy a new keyboard and I'm hoping to get one with these features:

- Wireless (via Bluetooth)
    - Numpad
    - USB Slot(s)

Does a keyboard with all of these features even exist? I mean, I've seen WIRED keyboards with numpads and USB inputs, but I'm not so sure about Bluetooth ones.

If anyone could provide some insight and/or point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated. The keyboard doesn't have to be made by Apple - the brand is no matter, just as long as it has those three features.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Having USB slots over Bluetooth would just be ridiculous. Given that Bluetooth doesn't have a huge bandwidth to begin with (it is designed for low bandwidth usage), syncing anything or using other peripherals over Bluetooth would just be slow.

Have you ever tried syncing a phone, and using a keyboard and mouse all at the same time via Bluetooth? Lag is easily evident, particularly with cursor movement.

Without the USB slots though (I doubt this exists), most third party keyboards that are wireless also have a numpad.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I've never seen a BT keyboard with USB slots. Why would you want to waste your battery charging peripherals and then broadcasting their signal to your computer?

4. Alfihar macrumors member

A wireless keyboard with USB ports wouldn't work that well, transferring data would be slow and would drain the batteries in the keyboard.

How about buying a wireless keyboard with a numpad, and a small USB hub.

5. vladzaharia macrumors regular

Also, there is no standardized way to broadcast USB devices and their signals via Bluetooth, so Apple would have to create some sort of implementation for it, including emulating USB drivers and somehow separating the packets so they don't get mixed up.