Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
just have some questions about the bluetooth keyboard... i have a powerbook and i was going to use an external monitor and run the powerbook in clamshell mode.. i just need a keyboard and mouse to complete my setup.. if you turn the power off on the keyboard.. do you have to re-pair it with the laptop.. just wondering incase i put my pb to sleep and turn the keyboard off, i dont want to have to open the lid to re-pair it.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
hi,

i have the bluetooth keyboard with my setup, with a mighty mouse.

it is a really great combination, i have had my setup since august and the batteries are still not half used.

as with regards to sleep mode, you can wake the powerbook from sleep with the bluetooh keyboard by simply hitting a key. turning the keyboard off during sleep will cause the powerbook to wake, as they are still 'paired' in sleep mode.

turning the keyboard off, putting the book to sleep and then turning it on again will wake the computer.

in other words, the keyboard stays paired regardless.....i have just tried everything above.

definitely worth the buy.

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
macOSX-tastic said:
hi,

i have the bluetooth keyboard with my setup, with a mighty mouse.

it is a really great combination, i have had my setup since august and the batteries are still not half used.

as with regards to sleep mode, you can wake the powerbook from sleep with the bluetooh keyboard by simply hitting a key. turning the keyboard off during sleep will cause the powerbook to wake, as they are still 'paired' in sleep mode.

turning the keyboard off, putting the book to sleep and then turning it on again will wake the computer.

in other words, the keyboard stays paired regardless.....i have just tried everything above.

definitely worth the buy.
do you know if its the same way with the mouse too.. cus if i turn off the keyboard and use the mouse to put it to sleep.. then turn the mouse off.. i dont want the book to wake up cus then i cant get it back to sleep without turning the mouse off.. although i can walk out of the room into another and turn it off

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
unfortunately i have no experience with the mouse, but it works on the same principle so it's bound to be the same. maybe some closure from another forum member?

i prefer the corded after i tried a wireless one at an expo, and thought it was sluggish....if you want to go wireless i would go for logitech, they have it pretty much sorted....but i would usually wake the Pbook up with the keyboard anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.