Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Hi,

My wife wants to borrow my BT Apple Keyboard, to use with her Ibook. The keyboard was already paired to my PB.

She has the BT USB module, and when she turned it on and tried to pair with keyboard, she received a prompt to enter a password.

Problem is, I don't ever recall having a password set up for the keyboard; it just paired to my PB without any problems. btw, I am not using the keyboard when she is, nor is my BT on. any suggestions?

Thanks!

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
mooshoo said:
Hi,

My wife wants to borrow my BT Apple Keyboard, to use with her Ibook. The keyboard was already paired to my PB.

She has the BT USB module, and when she turned it on and tried to pair with keyboard, she received a prompt to enter a password.

Problem is, I don't ever recall having a password set up for the keyboard; it just paired to my PB without any problems. btw, I am not using the keyboard when she is, nor is my BT on. any suggestions?

Thanks!

do you think that could be your admin password (like the one you use to log in with)?

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
You'll probably need to look up the documentation for the code, but what it's asking for amounts to a Bluetooth PIN. For "smarter" devices (like cell phones), you generally get to choose the PIN, and then you enter it in the setup wizard on the computer and then into the phone when prompted. Because yours is a keyboard, it is probably hard-coded or even blank, but my experience with BT keyboards (thus far Windows-only) is that they come with a 4 or 5 digit "password" for BT pairings. Hope this helps in some way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.