Bluetooth label bug when selected

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi all,

Am i the only one to have notice that when you clic on the bluetooth icon in the center control on your iphone to stop looking for new devices, but still stay connected to already connected device, you can see at the top "disconnected from apple watch" !! It seems like it's the code from ios 10 because i'm clearly still connected to my watch !!

Have you got the same behavior ?

Thanks !

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I am not sure what you mean by your comment: you can see at the top "disconnected from apple watch". Do you mean that you see the Bluetooth Icon disappear? That is what I see when using the Bluetooth toggle.

Control Center Behavior in iOS 11: The Bluetooth icon dims and your device will disconnect from any accessory it's connected to, except for Apple Watch, Instant Hotspot, Apple Pencil, and Continuity features, like Handoff.

If Bluetooth is turned off in the Control Center, you won’t be able to connect your iOS device to your Bluetooth accessories until:
  • You turn on Bluetooth in Control Center
  • You connect to a Bluetooth accessory in Settings > Bluetooth
  • It's 5 AM local time
  • You restart your device
Dave

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
I am not sure what you mean by your comment: you can see at the top "disconnected from apple watch". Do you mean that you see the Bluetooth Icon disappear? That is what I see when using the Bluetooth toggle.

Control Center Behavior in iOS 11: The Bluetooth icon dims and your device will disconnect from any accessory it's connected to, except for Apple Watch, Instant Hotspot, Apple Pencil, and Continuity features, like Handoff.

If Bluetooth is turned off in the Control Center, you won’t be able to connect your iOS device to your Bluetooth accessories until:
  • You turn on Bluetooth in Control Center
  • You connect to a Bluetooth accessory in Settings > Bluetooth
  • It's 5 AM local time
  • You restart your device
Dave
Yes it works EXACTLY that way !! BUT what is written on the top of the screen when you dim the bluetooth icon is WRONG because it shows "disconnected from apple watch" !! Am i clear ? please say yes lol

EDIT: Screenshot added, even after this message, my watch is still connected !!

Attachments

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Yes your picture makes it crystal clear that you are seeing a message. However, I don't receive a message like that on my iPhone concerning my Watch. Which leads me to ask the next question. What version of iOS 11 do you have? I am running 11.0.3 (15A432).

Dave

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Yes your picture makes it crystal clear that you are seeing a message. However, I don't receive a message like that on my iPhone concerning my Watch. Which leads me to ask the next question. What version of iOS 11 do you have? I am running 11.0.3 (15A432).

Dave
Yes i’m on 11.0.3 ! iPhone 7 with Apple Watch serie 0....

I’ll try tomorrow to resync my Watch but the bug doesn’t affect functionality so it’s really just my ocd who speaks :)

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010

Dave
11.0.3 on iPhone 6S, seeing disconnected message.

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
It looks like both @matrix07 and you both have a Series 0 Watch. I have a Series 3 (GPS & Cellular) and no message for me. Maybe we can get someone else to post if they see the message on a Series 1 or 2.

Dave

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
I'm not going to create another thread to complain, but most of my notification lacks the icon, like if the thumbnail was missing so i got the "empty app store icon".....

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Well, i don't think Apple will do something for our beloved Series 0... At least it works !

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
After a complete restore from the watch the bug disappeared.... However, still lacking icon notification for third app, still having 50% of iMessage notification (although i have the red dot for notification...) Apple really knows how to quickly end a device life by (not) updating his OS... When the $ is calling
[doublepost=1509362648][/doublepost]Well last post then i stop bothering you guys because this update is really ******...

Now i can't untoggle the "Stocks" option is "Siri Watch Face" because the toggle just disappeared... Well **** me

Every toggles are off and you can still see the stock pills at the top... god damn this is driving me crazy i'm gonna throw this **** to the window

Image (1).png Image.png