• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

McRCN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Virginia
I have noticed a fair amount of interference/white noise coming from my speakers whenever I touch/scroll on my Magic Trackpad. If I use the Magic Mouse it does the same thing, so has to be related to bluetooth. Any suggestions on how to make the noise go away?

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Are you using external speakers? I haven't experienced it myself, but I would try to just move the speakers and the trackpad so they are further apart.

Of course, trying another set of speakers might eliminate the problem, if that is an option.

Comment

MacMojo1

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2006
I have noticed a fair amount of interference/white noise coming from my speakers whenever I touch/scroll on my Magic Trackpad. If I use the Magic Mouse it does the same thing, so has to be related to bluetooth. Any suggestions on how to make the noise go away?

I have the same problems with my studio monitors (KRK speakers) too. I found the magic mouse to be "noiser" than the TP though. Its more pronounced when I scroll. I would hate to go back to wired hardware.

Comment

jwrose

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2013
Wow, 9 years later and I'm having this same issue with the latest Apple bluetooth trackpad. I have a 2.1 logitech speaker system which isn't hooked up to my laptop that uses the trackpad on bluetooth. The woofer and nearest speaker are a good 3-4 feet from my trackpad. I use the speakers for music while I work as well as retro console gaming- so, again, not even hooked up to my laptop. Often I'll hear a feint "grinding" noise when I move my finger on my trackpad from my 2.1 speakers. I can't really move them much more- are there any other thoughts out there? I am considering (sometime) to get some new speakers - which MIGHT solve the issue, then again I'm hesitant to drop the $$ on better speakers only to have the same problem. o_O

Comment

lhalman

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2019
Also having this issue using Monoprice 5" monitors and KRK 10" subwoofer. They are about 2'-3' from my trackpad. When using my JBL Xtreme speaker, I do not get this same noise, and it's the same distance from the trackpad. However, this same issue appears when using the built-in trackpad as well! What could this be about??

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.