Bluetooth microsoft mouse lag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sotorious, Nov 1, 2010.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

well my mouse lags a bit behind and it is pretty annoying is there anything i can do this to fix? when i edit music its a damn task just to control the mouse.

2. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

4. Betelgeuse macrumors member

Say what you will about MS, but they actually make pretty decent computer hardware.

I've had no problems at all with my MS Bluetooth mouse. When you say "lags," what do you mean?

5. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

really, when did they start making computers? - oh yeah, they don't

6. mario.jr macrumors member

mario.jr

Do you mean , when the mouse idles and you have a lag to wake it?

7. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

nope. this while im actually doing something its a constant delay. I mean this is my first mac, and i use it for storage and some editing, i guess its wirless vs cordless, but every wirless mouse i ever been on hasnt had this big of a delay, also it will get real choppy at points and my wirless keyboard will disconnect which is that small little mac one.

and plus microsoft is god.

8. dantidote macrumors member

I had a BT wireless laser mouse 8000 a while back. It was just painful to use. The drivers were crap, the acceleration was awful, and the cursor jerked all over the screen. Bought a Logitech Performace MX and holy cow it's sooo much better.

my 2 cents anyway.

9. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

could it really be the mouse? i mean my keyboard disconnects all the time 2. is that logitech a bluetooth? because if its not i cant use it, as macbook only has 2 usb ports.

10. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump for possible solution.

11. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

buy a magic mouse and an apple keyboard. I use both 40-50 feet away with 0 issues

12. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

not sure there is anything you can do about it. call them? or warranty repair if it still has one?

I loved my Microsoft mouse.. Used it on my Imac G3 :cool:
    It was the most comfortable mouse i have ever used... of course the new mouses blow it away... lol.

13. dantidote macrumors member

Yeah, my new logitech is NOT BT. I always thought the microsoft mouse had problems because of the drivers. It seemed to work better in windows....

14. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

i do have an apple keyboardd which keeps disconnecting. So maybe its the bluetooth that something is messed up with.

15. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

WOW, the OP just asked for some help, not a "Apple fanboys bash Microsoft" thread.

16. Betelgeuse macrumors member

I'm don't think you understand what hardware is.

To the OP: Most folks (including myself) have had no trouble using MS mice (or other third-party hardware) with their MBPs. I really love my MS BT 5000 mouse; it's just the right size for a travel mouse and I've never had trouble with it randomly disconnecting. The fact that you're also having trouble with your wireless keyboard suggests that there might be a problem with the bluetooth on your laptop.

17. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm alright i found a bluetooth update, i dont know if my laptop has this update but im going to apply it anyway and if thats a no go, im going to try and take it to them on a sunday.

18. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

i had no problem with my original one. and wouldn't trade it for the world... (at the time i bought it)

19. DJ-R macrumors regular

Razer Orochi best Bluetooth mouse. No lag just small sleep issue.

20. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea ive looked into the mouse but i dont want to spend that much and the same thing happen.

21. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

If you believe this, then why get a Mac? Mac≠Microsoft.

22. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

if we are going to start this in here, i got the mac 1 to try it out, and 2 to store my things on it, and do my music, do i don't have to be restricted to my desk. I do this to keep my PC clutter free.

23. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

Having similar issues. Have a MS Notebook 8000 Presenter mouse which I love and has worked on every other machine I have. It "works" on my Pro, but it does stutter and can be a PITA.

I've thought about just getting the Magic mouse to see if the results vary, but I do use this mouse for the flip-over presentation when I do PPT's. It is very small and handy and I'll lose that if I go magic mouse.

May just have to learn to live with the lag. It seems to be a common complain of OS X Bluetooth mouse users.

24. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I LOVE my Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (model 5000)! Its the most portable, comfortable, and responsive mouse I've ever owned.

Everything else is crap...

:)

-P

25. Joerigoesmac macrumors member

Joerigoesmac

Got the same problem with my Logitech v470 ? bluetooth mouse.
    its laggy, but why even bother to use a mouse, i ********ing love the touchpad ;)