Bluetooth Mighty Mouse batteries draining really fast?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by todd2000, Mar 10, 2008.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So I got a BT mighty mouse for Christmas, and the batteries just dies like 4 days ago. So that was like 2 months, and 1 week of use on one set of batteries which is fine. I replaced the batteries on the 7th, and they are already down to 78%. At this rate they will be drained in 16 more days. The new batteries are just standard Energizer MAX alkaline batteries. Are the Energizer Lithium batteries that it came with that much better that it lasted almost 2.5 months, or is something else going on?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

nope.my rechargables last about a week. I dont even start near 100%, I start in the 70s or so high 60s.

3. joeysteel macrumors newbie

joeysteel

yeah same here i never start at 100%... best bet get rechargeables and a charger and when they die, charge them. i was spending like 3pound every week and a half for batteries cos mine kept on dying. so now i just have a spare pair that are always recharging, so that if my mouse dies then instant change over.......

4. sidharth80 macrumors member

Same is the case with me.. the battery drains out pretty fast

5. Macjames macrumors 6502a

i use the batteries i got from apple with the mighty mouse and its down to 95% after 3 months! and i use the mouse a lot i think they were lithium ones

6. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow a week is ridiculous, you should be getting more then that. I think the key is the Lithium batteries that it ships with. Like I said I got almost 2.5 months out of the set that it came with. I think I'll just get the Lithium next time they die. It seems like they last the longest.

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hmm.. I use two High-capacity 2400mA Ni-Metal hydride cells, i never switch the mouse off - usually cause i just forget. A single charge lasts about 2 weeks but I ain't arsed about it, cause they're rechargeable.

8. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

For how much those lithiums cost a good rechargable set of batteries (WITH CHARTER) can be had. :p

9. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

It just occurred to me.... Are you guys using the original optical MM, or the new Laser one? Perhaps the Laser gets better battery life?

10. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Uh, Bluetooth mightymouse (as your topic suggests). Which, I don't even think is "Laser".

11. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

FYI: As far as i know, the cordless bluetooth Mighty Mouse has always been based on "Laser" technology. Only the corded version has standard optical tracker.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Mine seems to last about a month on standard Energizer rechargables. The Lithium batteries work a lot longer, but they aren't rechargable. Therefore I just deal without a mouse for 15 minutes every month. I'm sure it's a lot more economical this way.