Bluetooth Mighty Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PurdueBio, May 15, 2009.

1. PurdueBio macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if 10.5.7 completely fixed the problems with the wireless MM? I know the update said it fixed some bluetooth issues, but I haven't really heard yet either way...

I would like to buy one, but not if it's going to give me a bunch of trouble.

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

I didn't have any problems with mine previously with an iBook and Mac Book Pro and still haven't with OSX 10.5.7.
    Bluetooth has always been stable so difficult to answer.

3. JRob65a6 macrumors regular

JRob65a6

Ive had mine for a few months with no issues either. What issues?

4. Rocket Mk2 macrumors newbie

Hi all - I'm new to the forum!

The issue is the blue tooth MM keeps on stalling. I have just got a new macbook 2.66 on Sat 27/06 and the mouse stalls every so often - it just stops working although the light underneath keeps working. You have to turn blue tooth off and on and then the mouse starts working again.

Big pain.

Does anyone know of fix for this yet? Will call Apple tomorrow. Seems like a software glitch :(

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Reboot your system, and maybe put in new batteries?

6. Rocket Mk2 macrumors newbie

Its a bigger problem than that. There is big thread on the apple forum about it. Its not the mouse that is at fault, it's with the blue tooth on the system. From what i have read its matter of waiting for a fix from apple -firmware etc. There has been one already but it hasnt fixed it.

7. wouldyoukindly macrumors member

Well you guys seem to be having problems that don't exist.. my wireless mighty mouse works fine. Always has, right up until the point where the batteries actually die!!

8. rje macrumors regular

How arrogant can you be? The problem exists. It's a serious flaw. Apple is aware of it. It's a firmware issue, and the reason a fix is so long coming is that they still don't know how to fix it, that comes directly from Apple.

9. agvsta macrumors newbie

I have mine that sometimes lost in connection too.
    And usually I can't roll toward left, only works well toward right (in finder, web browsing, cooliris browsing and other any application)
    Does anyone else experience this problem?

10. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

agvsta, your trackball needs cleaning.

As for the bluetooth issue, I had it. The "fix" (workaround actually) seems to be to remove Bluetooth from the list of available Networking options.

Go to System Prefs, Network. Highlight "Bluetooth" in the list at left and hit the little "-" button to remove it from the list.

I haven't had a single MM drop since I did that, like 7 months ago or so.