bluetooth/mobile phone problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sundaydrive, Jul 6, 2008.

1. sundaydrive macrumors newbie

my phone and my macbook pro 2gb ram, 2.4 GHz, pairs fine, but thats all it will do. I got this computer yesterday and right out of the box it was working fine, i was able to send and receive files from mobile phone (lg vx8700) however several hours later everytime i try to browse my device i get the error message "The connection failed or closed: Would you like to attempt to reconnect or close this window?". So i downloaded bitpim to see if it would work with that and when i try to connect via bitpim i get an error saying that the serial port is busy.

has anyone experienced this or know how to troubleshoot it?

thanks

2. sundaydrive thread starter macrumors newbie

so instead of starting a new thread that no one would reply to ill just make a post pointing other problems of my newly acquired mbp.

Normally my network connection works fine, however at a certain point at night (for the 2 days ive owned it) at about 10:15pm my connection with my airport drops and will not reconnect. if i click the drop down menu on the menu bar and click my apple network i get a pinwheel and then nothing. if i go to "join other networks" and then choose the network i get the error "connection timeout".

At first i thought it might be an airport problem however my sisters Macbook running through the same airport works just fine, and trying to connect to my neighbors connection that my computer picks up doesnt work either. A quick google search showed me that a lot of people are experiencing the dropping connection on their mbp's, and most of the threads offer a way to fix it, ive tried some and had no luck

has anyone else had this problem OR the problems described in the above post? Anyone have any recommendations or should i head off to the apple store tomorrow?