Bluetooth module mysteriously disappeared!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by willjax, Jan 26, 2009.

1. willjax macrumors member

hi all,

I turned my MacBook 2.4 unibody on when i got home from work today to find that my bluetooth mouse and keyboard wouldn't work. I opened up system preferences to find that no bluetooth menu was there. I looked in spotlight and tried to connect a bluetooth device only to get a message telling me I had no bluetooth module installed!

I have no idea what happened, only 10 hours ago it was working fine!

Could anyone please help me.

Cheers in advance

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Rebooting is a first step, of course, to see if it recognizes BT. I had the same situation within the first 24 hours when I bought my current MBP last year. The BT module had, indeed, croaked. Apple immediately replaced my MBP and gave me a free upgrade from 2GB to 4GB RAM for my trouble.

4. willjax thread starter macrumors member

cheers for the help! Did a reboot but that didn't fix it so ended up resetting the PRAM and shazam, its fine now! I thought it might have something to do with the extreme heat we are experiencing here in Adelaide! Its been above 44 degrees Celsius for the last couple of days!

5. slightner macrumors newbie

Bluetooth Disappears

I turned on my computer this morning and none of my bluetooth devices worked nor when I went to preferences was there a bluetooth icon. I reset my PRAM and NVRAM and it worked fine. Who knows? Thanks for the tip.