Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I justg bought a new imac G5 for my church and don't need the bluetooth application. Can I remove the module and put it in my G5 instead of the USB adapter??? If so, where is it located and what does it look like?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The module, while all technically the same USB-style module, vary in size, shape, and connector to fit inside the spare space inside each machine.

The modem modules are even worse since they use 2 different interfaces I2S and USB.

So if the part number is the same, yes... but getting at them isn't usually too easy.

If it's a different part number, it will probably be much more difficult.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
BLDun said:
I justg bought a new imac G5 for my church and don't need the bluetooth application. Can I remove the module and put it in my G5 instead of the USB adapter??? If so, where is it located and what does it look like?

If you open up the back of the iMac and have it lying face down, my Bluetooh module was located at the very bottom left (right below the Airport card insert, right above the power supply, and to the right of the ethernet port).

It kinda looks like a processor and has a blue border around it.

If you go here, download the instructions for replacing the Midplane...you can see it in some of the pictures.

Can you remove it? Not sure...I know some techs can put an internal one in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.