Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archive

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Hi there,

I am having a very 'strange' variant of the bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects.

I use the new thin Apple wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse. I have the lates Mac Mini 2Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Leopard 10.5.6

While I use the computer it can occur that the mouse and keyboard suddenly stop responding. The battery charge is full on both of them and the Keyboard or Mouse Disconnected Dialoge does not appear.

Turning the keyboard or mouse off and on again does not fix this. However, if I hit the power-switch on the Mac Mini to bring it into sleep mode, I can then hit a key on the bluetooth keyboard to wake it again, and all is fine.

What could be the problem?

Btw: I have never had this problem with my Macbook Pro 2nd Gen (2.33 Ghz C2D), Leopard 10.5.6.

Thanks for any tips!

teko92

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
Same problem

Hi,

I have Mac Mini (new 2009 model) and exactly the same problem (and use exactly the same fix). E.g. suddenly the mouse/keyboard stops responding and only way to have them reconnect is by putting the Mac mini to sleep. I use only Apple equipment (e.g. mighty "slow" mouse and wireless keyboard).

Pop noises, random functionality when it comes to basic problems of mouse and keyboard, .... good thing I am blinded by the good looks and the low noise level of my mini so I don't miss my otherwise well-functioning PC ;-)

Any help appreciated.

Best
Troels

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.