Bluetooth Mouse & MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Big Ron, May 13, 2018.

1. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

No matter what I do I can't seem to pair my bluetooth mouse from my 2017 iMac with my 2015 MacBook Pro.

It pair perfectly with the iMac but the MacBook never sees it. Computer specs are listed below.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

Remove it from the IMAC in the BT window and try it on the MBP. I don't think you can be paired to more than 1 device at a time. Could be wrong though.....

This why I bought another. I was using the same mouse with my mini and my MBP. I would have to repair it every time I switched.

3. Big Ron thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ron

I will give it a go thanks Dominat0r but to be honest, I haven't even got the iMac switched on when i'm trying to connect to the MacBook - Confused:(:mad:

4. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

I think it still remembers what its paired too when the machine is off.

5. Big Ron thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Interesting I will give it a go and report back, Thanks

6. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

7. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

Is your iMac turned on and paired with your mouse while you’re trying to pair it with your MBP? If so, disconnect the mouse from your iMac before trying to pair it with your MBP. While the mouse may be able to hold two or more Bluetooth profiles at a time, it can’t be connected to two computers at the same time. Also make sure your mouse is in pairing mode when you’re trying to pair it to your MBP for the first time.

8. Big Ron thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Thanks to all those who replied. It was as simple as un-pairing from my iMac and pairing with my MacBook.