Bluetooth Mouse? (New Mac Pro)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by thriii, Nov 13, 2009.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I have a Logitech Dinovo Edge and a Logitech 470 Travel Mouse.. the keyboard has been working fine but Ive been having problems with the mouse.. I read about the Bluetooth Module and the BT,1,2,3 wires inside the mac pro and the possibility of a wire being labeled wrong.. Unless the module is on the back of the motherboard, I havent seen any wire that says BT.. If the tray where the ram slots are is removed there 2 tiny wires in the lower left that says 1 and 3.. no other connector for BT so I dont think thats the location.. where is this Bluetooth Module located? If I cant get this to work correctly whats the best dongle to get?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The bluetooth is crap not matter how your wire it. The bluetooth is the small chip to the right of the wireless card (or the slot for it). It has 2 wires sticking out of it on opppose ends. And in new machines they can't be wired wrong because the connector the Airport are too short to possibly reach the bluetooth.

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Which section of the Mac Pro is the bluetooth in? where the HDs slide out or where the RAM slides out?

over the last few days ive been startin to notice how bad it really is.. whats the best bluetooth dongle to get? do they help?

4. j2048b macrumors 6502a

If you open the side, look directly under the second drive carriage, the top portion will be the wireless card slot and below is the bt card, there is a guide to show what wires need to be changed, I believe it is in mac rumors, I found it the other day, just don't have a way to look right now

5. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

If you don't need to get a very long distance from it, any adapter with a broadcom chip in it should serve you just fine.

I impulse bought this one at Wal Mart, $24. I use it with my jawbone & my apple keyboard with no trouble ever.