Bluetooth Mouse options

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wallaby, Jul 28, 2008.

1. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

Was just wondering what options are out there for someone looking for a bluetooth mouse. I don't like USB dongles and since most Macs have bluetooth built in, it seems like a good idea to take advantage of it.

I saw Microsoft's Mac version of its notebook mouse at Best Buy, looked pretty decent. Anyone use one?

The only other BT mice that I know of are one logitech one and the Mighty Mouse. Personally I like having a couple of side buttons on mine, which I believe the Logitech lacks. I've used the Mighty Mouse before, not interested in getting one.

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Using the MS one right now, on my 2.2 MB. Works great. Small, decent battery life [if you remember to turn it off when traveling], and feels solid.

You'll need Steermouse, or similar to make the additional button on the left side [side button] work. If you can live without it, then you're golden.

3. pinktank macrumors 6502

4. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Lol anyone got any experience (good/bad) about the latest bluetooth mighty mouse? How is it?

5. Nodnarb macrumors newbie

I am also looking for a good bluetooth mouse. I've used both the wireless and wired mighty mouse at work, the buttons have a slow response and can be unpredictable at times, its not easy to use right out of the box and it takes getting used to. Also, the track ball gums up a lot and is frustrating— for example– when you can scroll down but not up.

I've heard good things about Logitech but there selection is minimal. I currently have a regular old optical usb Logitech mouse and would like one similar. I need a good bluetooth mouse to accompany my new MBP at home and on the go.