Bluetooth mouse skipping

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gslrider, May 16, 2010.

1. gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

Has any one run into an issue where their mouse cursor would skip. ie. you go to point at a link and suddenly the cursor ends up at the bottom of your screen, or the far right or left, anywhere but the place you originally had it at without moving the mouse. Or even as your moving it for that matter.

I just noticed this happening recently when I boot my system in 64-bit mode. Doesn't seem to happen when I'm booted in 32-bit mode though. Normally I'd say this was a driver issue with 64-bit, but it just started happening the last couple of days, I've been booting my system in 64-bit for almost a couple of weeks now. I'm using the Logitech LX7 wireless mouse. I've downloaded the latest driver from Logitech, replaced batteries, turned off and on (which actually helped for a little bit), and reset the mouse, still no go. It's not all the time, but enough to make it very annoying after a few minutes designing.

I did test using my brother's mouse (same model, and hasn't had any issue using it on his G5 running 10.5.8), but no luck. Still skips on mine. I'm starting to think that it is a 64-bit issue. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Switch off wifi. Does it stop?
    Switch off/disconnect all other bluetooth devices connected to the laptop. Does it stop?

3. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

Hey Patrick, don't have a laptop (it's a desktop system), no wi-fi, but does have bluetooth. I turned it off. That actually helped a little. Not skipping as much anymore. But still skipping.

4. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Anytime I have heavy downloads going on, my bluetooth mouse is very, very laggy. Could that be the issue?

5. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

Not in this case James. All I could be doing is checking my hotmail account, or going through folders, with no other activities going on.