Bluetooth mouse to match MB air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by byocrysis, Feb 5, 2009.

1. byocrysis macrumors regular

byocrysis

Just ordered a MacBook Air and was wondering if you all could help me find a bluetooth mouse that matches the style/color of the air well. Please limit suggestions to bluetooth mice only, as the laptop is for school and I will be constantly plugging and unplugging a thumbdrive into the air's lonely USB port. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

3. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

Fully agreed. The first few times I used it I thought, "this is kind of different -- I guess I could get used to it." But the more I've used it, the more I've come to hate it.
    Don't be fooled by the promise of the squeeze buttons on the side: you'll be inadvertently activating Exposé constantly, and it's not exactly comfortable to use when you want to.
    It doesn't really fit in your hand well. The bottom end fits in the heel of your hand pretty well, but it doesn't rise to meet your palm. I feel like I can't rest my hand on it easily as I'm forced to just use my fingertips to operate the whole thing -- not good for long periods of use.
    In my opinion, the Mighty Mouse is a close second to the iMac puck as crappiest mouse ever designed by Apple (which also might be one of the worst ever designed by anyone). I don't understand why they can't get this right.

4. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I have to really recommend that one! I have the white one for my MacBook, and I have to say it's the best mouse I have ever bought. I think the black one would fir your Air the best, only reason I bought the white one and will keep it for my unibody MacBook (that I'm getting within 2 weeks) is cause my Apple wireless keyboard has the same color combination :p
    Anyway, the mouse has some programable buttons (like pressing scroll wheel can open Expose, pushing it to the left Spaces etc..) And it works good for my casual gaming as well!

5. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Or try one. Despite the vast throngs of angry Internet users, I actually like the Mighty Mouse and just bought the bluetooth version.

6. ritzuk macrumors member

It's the truth - the thing is garbage. I like the idea, and the placement of the side buttons, but the mouse ball gums up and is non servicable (without taking a scalpel to the thing like i did) and you can't press left AND right mouse buttons down at the same time.

I bought a bluetooth white logitech one instead -but the build quality is a bit rubbish. I bought a white microsoft bluetooth one for someone else, and that is much better.

A product by Microsoft that I recommend!

7. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Razer ProClick BT mouse. Comes in 4 different colours...white or black might match your Air the best...

It's smaller than the average mouse and comes with a travel pouch, so it'll be good for school/travel.

8. byocrysis thread starter macrumors regular

byocrysis

Thanks for all your suggestions! Unfortunately I forgot to say in my original post that I do not want/like apple mice, no offense to all of you who do. Btw has anyone seen the Microsoft Memory Mouse 8000 next to a MB Air, hard to tell from pictures online if it would match or not. Keep the suggestions coming, right now I like the MS Bluetooth 5000 mouse the best, too bad they don't make that logitech bluetooth mouse in black and silver, cuz I do love logitech mice.