iPad Bluetooth Mouse with iPad 2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by frostbit3, Nov 2, 2011.

1. frostbit3 macrumors member

Guys guys, has anyone tried using an RDP app for the iPad and a bluetooth mouse? I have a 3G iPad 2 and I would much rather just carry around my iPad than my laptop for work. I can VPN into my work from my iPad and work from there, it would just be tons easier with a mouse. Has anyone tried this and can comment on it? Does it work as expected? Is there any bugs or limitations to using it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

You cannot use a bluetooth mouse on the iPad, only a keyboard.

3. frostbit3 thread starter macrumors member

That's why I put this in the hacks section, there's a program/app on Cydia that will allow you to do it. BTStacks

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

5. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

How have two responders in a row not realized that they're in the iPad Hacks section? This sounds like a legitimate question, and I'm curious about it too. (I probably wouldn't use it, I don't need it. But its a neat concept.)

YouTube or Google about "mouse" with "iPad." It's a thing. People do it. But I don't have any experience to know if it would work with VPN or not.

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

It's been a while, but I installed BTStacks and was using my BT mouse for quite a while. Worked fine for me. When I bought the Logitech keyboard/case combo I stopped using it. The mouse I used was a Dell mini BT travel mouse.

7. mildly.amused macrumors newbie

8. jukebros macrumors newbie

I'm confusing this thread talking about bluetooth or RDP?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603