Bluetooth mouse without receiver/dongle ... ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fstfrwrd, Jun 16, 2008.

1. fstfrwrd macrumors regular

i need a mouse that meets up the the following requirements:

- bluetooth
    - no receiver/dongle
    - looks good with an aluminum macbook pro

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

bluetooth options are a little scarce. But what about the apple bluetooth mighty mouse? I have it with my MBP and it's great. Excellent pairing.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't seen a silver bluetooth mouse that would match the MBP. Do you require no dongle because you have plans for both USB ports, or because you don't want a long dongle sticking out of the MBP? If it's the latter, you may want to look at the Logitech VX Nano with the smallest dongle on the market now. You barely notice it there. Great performance, good looks, etc. If you absolutely MUST have bluetooth, I'm afraid your choices are limited for now.

4. fstfrwrd thread starter macrumors regular

i don't really like the mighty mouse, because the scrollball gets jammed a lot and right clicking won't work for me. haha i just can't do it.

and i'd like no receiver/dongle because my USB ports are in use 90% of the time. (ipod, printer, camera, MIDI interface etc...)
    i already have a shortage when it comes to usb ports, so i wouldn't want to waste another one.

5. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

A. One reason bluetooth is awesome is there are are no receivers/ or 'dongles' in the first place
    B. Does noone know about these? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104084

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104085

I use the blue one, it works perfect and is a great mouse for traveling.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Well... on a Mac. Virtually no Windows computers ship with Bluetooth, so dongles are usually included in Bluetooth products.

7. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

dude like I care? Haha jk.

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Even though the mice may come with a BT/USB dongle, you don't need to use it if it'll pair with your Mac.

9. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

10. jonlong macrumors newbie

I am also currently looking for one. Radtech has the best feature set, hands down. Internal rechargeable battery w/ included USB cable. Comes w/ software for the Mac to adjust mouse settings, such as acceleration curve.

The other one I really like is the Microsoft Laser Notebook mouse for Mac. They make two seemingly identical mice, both work w/ Mac, but one is labeled as "For Mac." I found it at www.microsoft.com.

I will probably end up getting the Microsoft mouse and then using SteerMouse or something to adjust acceleration curve.

11. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

12. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

They aren't THAT scarce.

Logitech makes a few
    Radtech
    Kensington (kinda hate them atm)
    Microsoft

It more boils down to how much you want to pay. I bought my mom a Logitech v470 and I'm getting another for my wife to replace her kensington pilot bt mouse.
    Microsoft makes a nice silver one as well.

And of course Google.com would have probably answered your question 100 times faster and with less side comments.