Bluetooth mouse won't work in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Luis Ortega, May 20, 2010.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I have a microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 that works well in mac osx but when I go to windows 7 in bootcamp it reports that the bluetooth hid device driver is not working and the mouse won't work.
    I can get it to detect the mouse and try to load the driver but then it says that the driver installation did not work.
    In device manager the bluetooth hid device has a warning icon next to it and it says that the device is not working.
    When I try to use my magic mouse in windows the same error happens and it says that the hid bluetooth device driver is not working.
    Both mice work fine in mac osx and the microsoft mouse was working ok in windows until last week.
    Since then, my son installed a couple of games in the windows side and the mouse started acting up the following day.
    Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Did you install BootCamp drivers from OS X install disk?

3. awilson155 macrumors newbie

I cannot use my bluetooth mouse on my windows partition either. It will locate the device (rocketfish bluetooth mouse) and attempt to pair with it, but it will just keep attempting and never actually connect to it.