iPad Bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Thomasxxxxx, May 12, 2014.

1. Thomasxxxxx macrumors member

Hello,

I have had bluetooth mouse for few days and I experience one problem. The scroll button does not work. Is there any tweak that will make functionable it? And I have on mouse two additional buttons. Is it possible to attach them some function?

Thank you.

Best Regards
    Thomas.

2. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

3. Menneisyys2, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014

Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Get BTC Mouse & Trackpad, it's GREAT (more info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1465193 )

----------

As I've also explained in my review,

"As the description of the tweak also states (“Scroll wheel: On SpringBoard, navigates the pages. In other apps, a pinch/zoom gesture is simulated.”), scroll wheels (for example, the touch area on the HP Presenter mice - one of the BT mice I've tested the tweak with) don't scroll Web pages or documents but gradually pinch them to zoom. (And, if it's a (non-mechanical) touch wheel, it'll scroll over SpringBoard app pages very fast!) As Safari (or any other iOS Web browser - the engine is, unfortunately, way less capable than, say, Opera Mobile in this respect) doesn't reflow text at a given zoom level, it's pretty much useless."

EDIT: turns out I was wrong. See http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=19102872&postcount=9

4. Thomasxxxxx, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014

Thomasxxxxx thread starter macrumors member

I have BTC Mouse & Trackpad installed but scroll button does not work for scrolling pages.

5. Menneisyys2, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014

Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

6. Thomasxxxxx thread starter macrumors member

From description: "Scroll wheel: On SpringBoard, navigates the pages. In other apps, view scrolls up/down."
    Isn't there written that in other apps it can scroll up/down with the scroll wheel? Or did I misunderstood this setence? If yes I apologize for my bad english

7. 007p macrumors 6502a

Out of interest have you emailed BTC Mouse and trackpad support?

I did a few weeks ago and the response was very helpful - not related to this and I can't remember how long the reply took either, think it was about a week but not sure.

8. Thomasxxxxx thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I sent them an E-mail few days ago but with no resposne yet. So I have to wait about one week, you say. Ok.

9. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I've just tested the current version on my 7.0.6 rMini. You're right - now the scrollwheel indeed scrolls Safari pages, unlike with the version I tested / reviewed earlier, which only simulated pinching in Safari. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I've tested this with the Logitech M-RCQ142.

10. Thomasxxxxx, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014

Thomasxxxxx thread starter macrumors member

So in version 1.6-1 of BTC Mouse & Trackpad scroll wheel works for scrolling pages in Safari and in previous version it does not?

11. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Yes, it (1.6-1) does work with Safari, at least with my mouse.

12. Thomasxxxxx thread starter macrumors member

And in which version did not work scroll wheel in Safari?

13. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1.0-3 surely not. Dunno when it was added.