Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fiftyfour123, May 6, 2008.

1. fiftyfour123 macrumors member

what suggestions do you have on what bluetooth mouse i should get. I really like logitech's mx revolution but its not bluetooth. they do have a bluetooth version but its only sold with a keyboard (mx5500). Does nayone have any suggestions? i want one with a left and right click, scroll wheel, and possibly the back and forward buttons on the side.

thanks.

2. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

3. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

I have a Macbook, and just bought the Microsoft 5000 notebook mouse. It's Bluetooth, and works very well. Some have posted on here in other threads it's not that good, but I disagree. For our iMac I have the wireless MM. Again, I like it.

4. jamsco macrumors newbie

Check out the Logitech V470.

Its a simple bluetooth mouse. I bought one a couple of weeks ago and its fantastic. Connected quickly with my macbook and works like a charm!

It has right and left click, scroll wheel and left right scroll on the wheel as well.

Hope that helps.

5. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the replies. i forgot to mention in my first post that i would prefer a rechargable mouse. i use my computer a lot so i'm gonna be really picky about which one i choose.

6. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000. BT and Rechargeable.

7. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

hmmm, looks nice. Does anyone have any experience with it? It is comfortable? Does it click loudly?

8. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Not sure, but I think they're at Best Buy, and Circuit City. I'd go and check them out there. Realizing that the display models are pretty beat up...but they'll give you an idea...

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

sorry cant help you, i have the bluetooth mighty mouse and i love it, although 99.5% of the people here hate it.

10. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i guess i could consider that. i have heard a lot about it, mostly if not all negative.

11. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Ditto here, it's bullitt proof

12. ben.mcmahan macrumors member

I have the Microsoft wireless presenter mouse 8000. there was a $25 rebate a bit back + $10 off at Office depot - $45 after rebates/discounts.

There were reports that the BT didn't play nice with Tiger, but 10.4.11 seems to have fixed it, b/c all functions, including the powerpoint controller buttons (forward, back, play, volume +/-, laser pointer) are a nice addition - since i use it as my mobile mouse.

For a home mouse its a bit small, but certainly serviceable. For a mobile mouse, its A-. a minus b/c the battery cover latch seems weak. i hope it lasts a long time...we'll see

b

13. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i read that bluetooth is a little laggy, but i'm not sure if it's still a problem in leopard. I may just go with logitech's mx revolution even though it's not bluetooth. I have a usb hub, so the amount of ports is not an issue. I'm still unsure though, but we'll see.

14. Limonade3 macrumors newbie

Have you checked out the Radtech BT600? sounds like it has everything you're looking for...

15. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i have seen that one. it's nice but i'm probably still gonna go with the logitech mx revolution, i'm over the bluetooth thing.

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I had it and didn't like it. It clicked very loudly, the buttons were too stiff, and the mouse discolored in the same way early white macbooks did.

17. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

Another happy customer here.

18. nylock10 macrumors regular

Me too, I have a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse and I really like it! It's comfortable, the 360-degree scrolling is very useful, and the side buttons are great for Expose/quick window switching.