Bluetooth "Not Available" ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by isthisthingon11, Jun 30, 2013.

1. isthisthingon11 macrumors newbie

Just this afternoon my magic mouse stop working. As usual I thought it was a battery problem. However, I noticed it wasn't recognized by the computer. After trying hard to pair it again in the bluetooth utility in system preferences, I noticed it was acting very slowly.

This is what I decided to do. I rebooted my computer and used the recovery mode. Using disk utility I tried checking out the permissions and tried to repair them. With no luck and with the whole afternoon free and with nothing else to do, I decided to reinstall OS X Lion. 3 hours later my computer no longer recognizes bluetooth, in the tab it says "Not Available". My mouse is now useless. Thankfully I have an old usb wireless mouse. The unfortunate thing is, I love my magic mouse and really would like to use it again, as it is a helpful tool in Final Cut.

Please help! Is there a bluetooth driver I need to install?

2. isthisthingon11 thread starter macrumors newbie

It works?!

Huh? It wants to work now. I shut it down like I normally do every night, and the bluetooth works! No Explanation besides turing my iMac down for 8 hours... huh...